MISSOURI DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION (MoDOT)
2023 DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS ENTERPRISE AVAILABILITY STUDY
MoDOT 2023 Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Availability Study
MoDOT is conducting research to update its overall annual goal for disadvantaged business enterprise (DBE) participation in its federally funded highway contracts. Keen Independent Research is performing the 2023 DBE Availability Study for MoDOT. The study includes:
- A statewide availability survey of firms that perform highway-related work.
- Analysis of the participation of DBEs and non-DBEs as prime contractors and subcontractors on past MoDOT and local public agency projects.
- In-depth interviews, business advisory groups and public meetings about conditions for highway-related contractors and consultants (DBEs and other firms).
- Review of past disparity and availability studies in Missouri.
Keen Independent is a national economic consulting firm. David Keen and Annette Humm Keen are leading this assignment. The firm has extensive experience performing availability and disparity studies including the previous MoDOT DBE Availability Study in 2019.
Customer Research International (CRI) will administer the telephone availability survey. Subconsultants PSRI Technologies, Excel Business Concepts and Added Dimension will conduct interviews with business owners, trade association representatives and others across the state. The law firm Holland & Knight is also assisting in the study.
The study launched in May 2023, with results of the availability analysis expected in late 2023.
How to Get Involved
- Telephone hotline: (602) 704-0125
- Email: MoDOTAvailabilityStudy@keenindependent.com
- Mail to: Annette Humm Keen, Principal
Keen Independent Research
701 N. 1st Street, Phoenix AZ 85004
- Other contact: Missy Stuedle, Missouri Department of Transportation