San Marcos Arts Master Plan 2021
The City of San Marcos engaged Keen Independent to update the 2012 Arts Master Plan, define the role of the City in supporting arts and culture to improve quality of life and economic development in San Marcos and to guide the City’s strategic plans for the next five years.
To complete the study, Keen Independent performed the following tasks:
- Work plan;
- Public involvement process;
- Schematic layout;
- Cost estimates;
- Meetings and presentations;
- Needs assessment on arts and cultural facilities and programming;
- Revised inventory of existing arts and cultural resources;
- Incorporation of specific items into the Master Plan;
- Recommendations for revising the current Art in Public Places Policy; and
- Goals and objectives.
The San Marcos Study Team
Keen Independent is a 21-person national research firm with expertise in arts and culture. Alex Keen,
Keen Independent Associate Principal led this study.
The study was accepted by City staff in January 2022. City Council will vote to adopt the plan on March 1, 2022.